Saturday, February 26, 2011

Magical Mythical Makings Workshop Week 4 Continued


Wow... I am having so much fun in my 3M workshop, I’m in complete ahhhh to be painting amongst such talented artists… Tam at Willowing and friends is an Amazing teacher.  If you want to see some incredible artists or Mermaids... check out

I thought I'd post my work in progress to keep you up to date.  Next week is a busy week with lots of medical tests, so I might not get to much painting in ... I'm still having a little trouble with the face area...I want that sweet serene look... the "ohhh I'm so at peace and in my element" look. I also need to do some needed outlining and highlighting... maybe add a couple more fish and whimsical elements like swirls, sea weed or sea flowers...lol. I also need to add another layer of acrylics as some of my watercolor paints and colors have faded into the wood. In some areas it gives it a nice rich contrast and adds to the elements of the painting, but in other areas, the paint blends into the wood and get's lost in the process. I am enjoying the experience of painting on wood verses a canvas or sheet of watercolor paper, I seem to have more control and I'm able to manipulate the paints better...it seems more forgiving which is great for an artist in training. 
I would recommend you give it a whirl, you might like it

I was debating if I was going to keep her arms in the painting or not...as I didn't think they looked quite right...but after much debate, I actually like them...so they're staying. My hubby isn't fond of my dressing  up my Mermaids bosoms...lol...as in my original drawing she was naked on top,  but they were so out there in your face, I thought I'd tone them down a bit compared to my original drawing... 
Maybe next time I'll showcase them a little more.

The smaller disk was a practice piece... I wanted to see how the paints would work with the wood...once I started, I couldn't just let it go undone...lol...besides I was having way too much fun, plus... It had this freedom about it...as it was just a practice piece, it didn't matter what I did to it or if there were mistakes... It turned out quite nice, I actually really like it.

My style seems consistent with my journal pages, but it still needs some tweaks and adjusting as I'm learning what I like and what I don't.... but I am getting there and finding my own rhythm.... I do have to keep telling myself...Picasso didn't learn to paint a masterpiece or walk over night.... practice, practice, practice... is the key to my success...
What a fun journey this is. 
I love everything about painting... It helps me to relax and get lost and be one with my paints and art piece.
Love, hugs & many blessings to everyone!!!!! 
~Enjoy~

¸.·♫•*¨*•. ¸¸(¯`♥´¯).•*¨*•♫.•*¨*•♫¸.•*¨*•♫.·♫•*¨*•. ¸¸(¯`♥´¯).•*¨*•♫.•*¨*•♫•*¨*•.  .•*¨*•♫`·.¸.·•*¨*•..•*¨*•♫•*¨*•.♫.•*¨*•..•*¨*•.♫`·.¸.·♫•*¨*•. .•*¨*•♫






¸.·♫•*¨*•. ¸¸(¯`♥´¯).•*¨*•♫.•*¨*•♫¸.•*¨*•♫.·♫•*¨*•. ¸¸(¯`♥´¯).•*¨*•♫.•*¨*•♫•*¨*•.  .•*¨*•♫`·.¸.·•*¨*•..•*¨*•♫•*¨*•.♫.•*¨*•..•*¨*•.♫`·.¸.·♫•*¨*•. .•*¨*•♫

3 comments:

  1. You go girl...I'm loving your process. It really looks awesome and I love the way you have her arms. I would leave them. I haven't been able to paint much because of my health this week. I'm so bummed but I know I will feel better soon. I'm sooooo glad you are having so much fun...Blessings to you sweetie....Big hugs to my SS..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! The round wood, the colors, and the mermaids position are all fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your greatly appreciated lovely comments. Love and hugs my dear friends!!!!

    ReplyDelete