Monday, February 21, 2011

Week 4 of Magical Mystical Makings "Mermaids"


Mythical Being: Mermaids
Master: Marc Chagall
Themes: Transformation, change & growth

Hello everyone, here are my journal pages for this week’s challenge.  I had a slow start this week as I had my chemo therapy on Tuesday and have felt pretty crummy since. My intentions are always good.... I'd love to blog every day, but somehow my energy level doesn't always cooperate nor does my health or migraines.

 This week in my 3M workshop we started our Mermaid on wood project. 
I have to say, I wasn't too excited about utilizing Marc Chagall's style, 
I never even heard of him before receiving our class material, 
or at least I didn't think I had.  
But once I emerged myself in his art I found I kind of liked it... 
I loved that my interpretations didn't have to be perfect... 
which is a difficult task for me as I am such a perfectionist and always want my lines to be clean...
at least when it comes to my paintings. 
This exercise brought me out of my comfort zone 
but I will say, I actually had a lot of fun. 
I was able to completely lose myself in the process.
Almost afraid to post my work for fear of what others would think,
My inner critic wasn't being so nice. 
I finally got up the courage to post my work. 
I'm so glad I did, 
After I received so many wonderful comments from my fellow classmates, 
It was so heartwarming....
I can't tell you how much it meant to hear their words of love and encouragement....
It was truly a humbling experience.

I am my own worst critic.
soooooo 
Today.... I allowed myself to feel good about what I've done... 
Today, I embrace the fact that I love to paint...
Today, 
I learned to believe in myself… to believe in my abilities
And
To believe in my artistic interpretation and creations.
Today I learned to love....
Me

 Thank you everyone for being on this journey with me... 
Thank you all for sharing a part of your life with me… 
We are all creative and artistic in our own way. 
Making our world a better place through the eyes of art brings so much joy to everyone.
I hope my creative endeavors bring love, joy, and beauty into your life.
Love, Hugs and Blessing to everyone.

¸.·♫•*¨*•. ¸¸(¯`♥´¯).•*¨*•♫.•*¨*•♫¸.•*¨*•♫.·♫•*¨*•. ¸¸(¯`♥´¯).•*¨*•♫.•*¨*•♫•*¨*•.  .•*¨*•♫`·.¸.·•*¨*•..•*¨*•♫•*¨*•.♫.•*¨*•..•*¨*•.♫`·.¸.·♫•*¨*•. .•*¨*•♫

This is my work in progress.... Next I need to apply my magical touch
paint...college....pen....love....patients....more love....lol.... 
Stay tuned for my completed masterpiece...lol.. 
Love and Hugs!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE what you've created. You have sooooo captured his style for someone who isn't familiar with his work. You make me proud sweetie. I can't wait for you to create this on wood. It really makes me happy to see you enjoying your class. Love ya my sweet SS...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yolanda, Thank you so much.... that means the world to me coming from you. I so admire you, your art, your journey and you as a Beautiful, loving woman, friend and sister... I am sooooo grateful to have you in my life. You are my inspiration!!!! Love Love Love you my SS!!!!

    PS... I wish we lived closer so we could do some art together...I sure could use your help and suggestions...lol... Me and arms, hands, and faces... wellllll lets just say... I need more practice...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michele,

    Thanks so much for the encouraging comment you left on my blog today. I truly appreciated it. Funny, that we are both masters at procrastination...it's a constant battle for me.

    Your pages are GORGEOUS!! Those colours are my favourites! It's wonderful that you found the challenge so fulfilling. I'm also loving the beginning stages of your wood piece...can't wait to see more.

    I'm sorry to hear you had a rough time after your chemo therapy....I wasn't aware you were on it. Sending you much love and healing.

    Serena xo

    ReplyDelete