Saturday, January 12, 2013

On Line Art Groups I love

Most of you who know me, know that my medical issues keep me home-bound a lot . Being a part of an online art group has helped open my world and kept my sanity. Doing art helps me deal with my pain, depression, and immobility.  It get's me out of my head, keeps me focused on what's important in my life, helps keeps my mind working, my hands creating,  and it encourages me to be the best that I can be. 

Here you will find some of my on-line communities and current events. I hope you'll check them out, join in and start creating some art of your own. 

~~~





 

~~~

POsT CaRd mAiL ArT SwAP GrOuP

Hosted by
Carol Desjarlais
 Once a month we send out Post Cards to each other, 
wonderful, unique art we have made by hand.

These are just a few of our recent  topics/challenges.
Each month we create something using the style or our interpretations of the posted artist. 
We can use whatever medium we choose, 
it just has to be mailable. 
(My postal workers love me and my art.)
I switch it up... 
I love to collage so I do this a lot...

 sometimes I paint, 
(Watercolors)









some months I'm feeling more like drawing in ink,




Last month, I challenged myself, 
I used a new medium I've never tried, 
Pastels... 
I really liked how smooth they felt across the page, 
and how easy they were to blend,
but a little more difficult to seal for safe mailing.
I can't wait to use them again!


Our challenge this month is
 "Famous Women In History"
Maya Angelo

Check back soon to see what I've come up with... I'm thinking another collage is due!



~~~

 Wild Soul Arts
 I'm doing a Journal Paint and Pass with a group of ladies there, 
It's starting this month, I'm so excited!!!!

~~~


 
This is one of my video's I've produced for the tag art group I use to host over at Roses On Our Table.  At the time there were about 100 of us in the group from all over the world and all walks of life. I had been hostessing the group for about a year and loved it, but life got in the way and I had to resign... The one thing I miss most is being surround but the most amazing artists and the most beautiful, loving, caring and compassionate woman around. I've had the opportunity to meet so many wonderful souls on line and in person.. Being a part of this group had brought me so much love and joy into my life,  every day was a true inspiration. If you're looking for a compassionate group to join, Zinna and everyone will welcome you with open arms. If you check them out, please tell them I said Hello and that I miss them all....


I have a couple more videos to complete and post, check back soon for an update.

~~~

 Art Abandonment

 Is a group designed to encourage random acts of art, left in various locations around the globe. The idea is that folks can make something and leave it for a lucky unsuspecting person to find. Artists can then post locations and photos of abandoned goodies…and finders can let everyone know that they are the lucky finder! O' sweet abandon!

So leave some art. Leave a contact email for the finder…
and if you get notified share the message with our group on Facebook.

Here's an intro page for a full explanation of Art Abandonment
Here are a few items I have left in a variety of place from 
Vancouver Washington to Portage Glacier Alaska.
 

















The reason why I abandon my art... You never know who's day needs to be brightened, letting someone find a little work of art may give them an ounce of hope, a ray of light... it may let them know that they are loved, that there are good people in this some times dark world... To those who may be overwhelmed by life's events and may need a little something that says someone cares.... Finding an abandoned piece of art can be life changing.... 
It makes me feel good to make another person smile. 
Hopefully my art will do that.
Time to abandon some more art !
~~~
These are some of my little joys in life, 
I hope I've made you smile, 
peaked your interest and introduced you to some creative adventures....
 
~Enjoy~

¸.·♫•*¨*•. ¸¸(¯`♥´¯).•*¨*•♫.•*¨*•♫¸.•*¨*•♫.·♫•*¨*•. ¸¸(¯`♥´¯).•*¨*•♫.•*¨*•♫•*¨*•.  .•*¨*•♫`·.¸.·•*¨*•..•*¨*•♫•*¨*•.♫.•*¨*•..•*¨*•.♫`·.¸.·♫•*¨*•. .•*¨*•♫

No comments:

Post a Comment